@trainmman and I were experimenting with rotoscoping houses and making a lasercutter fit scetch from them.
What we did:
- Get a picture of the house
- import it into inkscape
- Trace each side of the house in a different layer
This way all walls and roofs should be in a different layer and can be cut as different peaces.
Once one side is done, you can use the perspective transform on it.
- Trace the rectangular wall starting bottom right, (counter clockwise), top right, top left, bottom left in different color.
- Flip that 4-sided polygon left-to-right
- Select first the wall parts
- Group them (Control+G)
- Select the mirrored perspective trace from step 2
- Extensions → Modify Path → Perspective
Now, you should have the lasercutter outline warped out of perspective, rectangular, ready to cut.
If you are doing this on a makerspace computer, please save the file to the documents folder so that it gets synchronized between all computers.