We have different assets here that we want to know where they are and distribute the knowledge about them. I would like to get the discussion going for an asset system for the makerspace. Please comment your views below or edit this to add to the requirements.
What of this is important, what is nice to have?
- Easy asset identification through QR-/bar-code
- items have
- can be brought in an out of the makerspace
- can be documented and linked
- to the forum
- to the shop they came from
- to projects using them
- it should be easy to check things in and out provided that you are identified if you take it home
- it is good though to be able to correct the status of an item if you are at home
- the software should be open-source and we want to prevent vendor lock-in
- the software can be paid - or pay @niccokunzmann to set it up hihi!
- it would be nice to easily check things in and out
- if there are apps for Android/iOS or a mobile friendly web page, this greatly improves adoption
- it should be able to handle small parts as well as big parts like a scythe
- it would be nice to lend out sets of things
- get input from @DomAman and at least one other person
- @DomAman check on some possible software or delegate
- @niccokunzmann ask the prototype fund for their latest asset management system
Please give us your thoughts!